Publisher Paradox Interactive [77 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/companies/paradox-interactive”>Paradox Interactive and developers Harebrained Schemes [4 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/companies/paradox-interactive/harebrained-schemes”>Harebrained Schemes have notified turn based Strategy [80 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/genres/strategy”>strategy games Lamplighters League [1 article]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/games/the-lamplighters-league”>The Lamplighters League for The Xbox series [3,319 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/platforms/xbox/xbox-series”>Xbox series and PC [16,978 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/platforms/pc”>PC (Steam, Epic Games Store, Microsoft Store). It will be launched in 2023. It will also be available via Xbox [21,928 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/platforms/xbox”>Xbox Game Pass.
“Harebrained Schemes is all about weaving tactical gameplay that challenges your mind with stories and characters that engage your heart,” said Lamplighters League director Christopher Rogers in a press release. “For years we have had the privilege of telling stories in cherished settings such as Shadow run and BATTLETECH. Because Lamplighters League set in a new world, it gives us the creative freedom to simultaneously create stories that support gameplay and games that support story. We love these characters and hope players and fans enjoy getting to know them while exploring each one’s unique abilities as we did. I can’t wait to share everything we’ve been working on.”
Here’s an overview of the game, via its store pages:
Sneak, steal and shoot your way through a world of pulp Adventure [734 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/genres/adventure”>adventure in Lamplighters League! Globetrot across a variety of exciting locations around the world and outwit your enemies in strategic turn-based battles – and if you play your cards right, you might just save the world.
Harebrained Schemes, the creators of The The Shadowrun Trilogy [2 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/games/shadowrun-trilogy”>Shadowrun Trilogy and BATTLETECH, brings you a whole new world set in an alternate 1930s, where a tyrannical cult called the Banished Court is on the verge of world domination. For millennia, all that stood between this sinister cabal and their plans was a band of heroic scientists known as the Lamplighters League.
Unfortunately, the best of the best are all gone, so now it’s up to the best of the worst.
Recruit a team of misfits and villains with unique abilities and unforgettable personalities, and chase the Banished Court to the ends of the earth in a mix of real-time infiltration, turn-based tactical combat, and a character-driven story of adventure and intrigue.
- Strategy meets story, with style
- Command a team of unique, dynamic characters and get to know their signature tactical abilities and roles in the team. Learn their stories and the world they inhabit by taking them on quests – each misfit brings their own flair to combat through unique moves that can turn the tide of battle.
- Explore a variety of exciting locations and survey the battlefield before things heat up: sneak past enemies in real-time infiltration gameplay, pick off stragglers quickly and quietly, and position your team to get a head start on the fight.
- Use every advantage and dirty trick your agents have up their sleeves in exciting, turn-based battles. Add advanced abilities, equipment, and power-ups to your agents to keep up with the growing threat of the Banished Court!
- Race Against the Countdown to Doomsday
- Chase the exiled court through a world of alternate history from the 1930s, from shipyards and deserts to jungles both urban and wild. Manage your choices on a global level and try to prevent your enemy from advancing their twisted plans!
- Recruit new allies from the best of the worst: scour the world for outlaws and outcasts and bring them over to your side before the Displaced Court captures them first!
- Each mission earns your team new resources and grows their abilities – but be careful, stress and injuries can take their toll!
Can you stop the banished court from reshaping the world to its twisted will? Find out in… Lamplighters League and Tower at the End of the World!
Watch the announcement trailer and first gameplay footage below. See the first screenshots at the gallery.
Gameplay First look
#Paradox #Interactive #Harebrained #Schemes #Announce #TurnBased #Strategy #Game #Lamplighters #League #Xbox #Series #Gematsu
Leave a Comment